Thursday, July 14, 2011

Paper Wreath

With money being tight I have really been looking into finding ways to decorate our house without blowing the budget. I find things at the DI that just need to be revamped or I hit up the local garage sales over the weekends. It's so much fun when you find someone else's junk that you know you can turn into something fabulous! Or least presentable.

My sister-in-law, Chelsea made the cutest paper wreath a while ago and I have been wanting to make one myself. I just didn't know how. Well, I finally found one on someones blog that was so cute. I just loved it. So I decided I would give it a try. I found this wreath at a garage sale for 25 cents! It's not the best type of wreath to use for this kind of project, but I wasn't about to complain after how much I spent on it!



It was actually pretty easy to make. I took a book and ripped some pages out and then I ripped those pages in half.





Then I took a battery, stuck it in the middle of the page and wrapped the paper around it.



Then I slid the battery out and smashed the bottom on the table to give me a flat surface. Then I put a dot of hot glue on it and stuck it on the wreath.




You don't have to use a battery, you can also use your finger, but the battery was easier for me. In order to hang it, I cut a strip of burlap and wrapped it around a section of the wreath. Then I overlapped the edges and hot glued them together. I wanted it short so that I could loop any color of ribbon I wanted through it. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of that. But in this picture of it on my door, you can kind of see that I looped some twine through it.




I used the "M" from a previous Easter wreath and tied it with some ribbon. I think it turned out pretty cute. It took me about 1 1/2 movies to finish the whole thing!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So cute. Way to craft Kathryn. Wish I had the time and or desire to craft more.

    ReplyDelete